ASCAP returns the same results as Harry’s when searching for ‘Mick Greenberg’
Mick Greenberg doesn’t exist or has written any songs besides Harry’s, nor is he listed in any of the songs he ‘wrote.’
You can listen to Ariana talking about Harry writing the song here. //
In conclusion, Mick is probably Harry’s pseudonym.
"Image Credit: Carol Rossetti
When Brazilian graphic designer Carol Rossetti began posting colorful illustrations of women and their stories to Facebook, she had no idea how popular they would become.
Thousands of shares throughout the world later, the appeal of Rosetti’s work is clear. Much like the street art phenomenon Stop Telling Women To Smile, Rossetti’s empowering images are the kind you want to post on every street corner, as both a reminder and affirmation of women’s bodily autonomy.
"It has always bothered me, the world’s attempts to control women’s bodies, behavior and identities," Rossetti told Mic via email. "It’s a kind of oppression so deeply entangled in our culture that most people don’t even see it’s there, and how cruel it can be."
Rossetti’s illustrations touch upon an impressive range of intersectional topics, including LGBTQ identity, body image, ageism, racism, sexism and ableism. Some characters are based on the experiences of friends or her own life, while others draw inspiration from the stories many women have shared across the Internet.
"I see those situations I portray every day," she wrote. "I lived some of them myself."
Despite quickly garnering thousands of enthusiastic comments and shares on Facebook, the project started as something personal — so personal, in fact, that Rossetti is still figuring out what to call it. For now, the images reside in albums simply titled “WOMEN in english!" or "Mujeres en español!" which is fitting: Rossetti’s illustrations encompass a vast set of experiences that together create a powerful picture of both women’s identity and oppression.
One of the most interesting aspects of the project is the way it has struck such a global chord. Rossetti originally wrote the text of the illustrations in Portuguese, and then worked with an Australian woman to translate them to English. A group of Israeli feminists also took it upon themselves to create versions of the illustrations in Hebrew. Now, more people have reached out to Rossetti through Facebook and offered to translate her work into even more languages. Next on the docket? Spanish, Russian, German and Lithuanian.
It’s an inspiring show of global solidarity, but the message of Rossetti’s art is clear in any language. Above all, her images celebrate being true to oneself, respecting others and questioning what society tells us is acceptable or beautiful.
"I can’t change the world by myself," Rossetti said. "But I’d love to know that my work made people review their privileges and be more open to understanding and respecting one another."”
From the site: All images courtesy Carol Rossetti and used with permission. You can find more illustrations, as well as more languages, on her Facebook page.
Oooh. I reblogged a partial version of this recently but I didn’t know how many more there were! I LOVE these!
OK SO THERE ARE TONS MORE OF THESE OF THE ARTISTS FB PAGE. GUYS THESE ARE AWESOME.
LETS APPLAUD CAROL ROSSETTI EVERYONE
The Importance of Comprehensive Sexual Education:
"Research has identified highly effective sex education and HIV prevention programs that affect multiple behaviors and/or achieve positive health impacts. Behavioral outcomes have included delaying the initiation of sex as well as reducing the frequency of sex, the number of new partners, and the incidence of unprotected sex, and/or increasing the use of condoms and contraception among sexually active participants. Long-term impacts have included lower STI and/or pregnancy rates." [x]
We need to equip people with knowledge and resources to maintain a healthy and safe lifestyle. By teaching comprehensive sex education we are allowing people to make informed decisions about their health and and personal lives. - Paige
The Basics (Anatomy and Biological functions):
- What is a vagina?
- What is a vulva? (Basic Anatomy inside links.)
- What is the vagina’s biological function during sexual intercourse (specifically PIV sex)?
- What is the uterus and what is it’s biological function?
- What is a hymen and what are the different kinds of hymens?
- What is the purpose of a hymen?
- Which hole does urine come out of and which hole does menstruation come out of?
- What is a menstrual cycle?
- What is menstruation?
- Why do we menstruate?
- How to use pads, tampons, and menstrual cups.
- What is ovulation?
- The vagina, is in fact, designed to keep itself clean with the help of natural secretions (discharge). But there are ways you can help maintain the cleanliness of your vagina (i.e. avoiding perfumed soaps and gently washing the vulva area, not the actual vagina.) Click the link for more information.
- *Vaginal odors and discharge; what’s normal and what’s not?
- What is douching?
- "A Pap smear, also called a Pap test, is a procedure to test for cervical cancer in people. A Pap smear involves collecting cells from your cervix — the lower, narrow end of your uterus that’s at the top of your vagina."
- When do I need a pap smear?
- "A “vaginal orgasm” is the notion that [people] can have an orgasm through stimulation during intercourse or other vaginal penetration, entirely without clitoral stimulation. However, the vagina has few nerve endings, and therefore cannot create an orgasm on its own. Instead of thinking of the vagina and clitoris as separate entities, try thinking about them as a network of nerves and muscles."
- "There’s some disagreement about the size of the G-spot; it may range from a quarter inch to a couple inches along the upper wall of your vagina, about an inch or two past your vaginal opening. Underneath it is highly sensitive tissue that, when touched the right way, triggers feelings of sexual happiness, explains Debby Herbenick, PhD."
- Myths and facts about orgasms.
- Tips on how to have an orgasm.
- Having trouble reaching an orgasm? No worries, there is help! [x][x]
- "Female genital mutilation (FGM) includes procedures that intentionally alter or cause injury to the female genital organs for non-medical reasons."
- “The procedure has no health benefits for girls and women.”
- "Procedures can cause severe bleeding and problems urinating, and later cysts, infections, infertility as well as complications in childbirth and increased risk of newborn deaths."
- "FGM is a violation of the human rights of girls and women."
The Basics (Anatomy and Biological Functions):
- What is a penis?
- What are testicles? (Basic Anatomy inside links.)
- What is the penis’ biological function during sexual intercourse? (Specifically PIV sex.)
- Examining your testicles for Testicular Cancer: How to.
- "Gently wash the penis with warm water each day when you’re having a shower or bath. If you have a foreskin, pull it back gently and wash underneath."
- "Gently washing your penis once a day with warm water is sufficient to maintain good hygiene. If you want to use soap, choose a mild or non-perfumed soap to reduce the risk of skin irritation."
- "An erection begins in the brain. Physical and/or mental stimulation cause nerves in the brain to send chemical messages to nerves in the penis telling the penile blood vessels to relax so that blood can flow freely into the penis. Once in the penis, high pressure traps the blood within both corpora cavernosa. This causes the penis to expand and sustain an erection."
- "Ejaculation, the release of semen at climax, is triggered when a person reaches a critical level of excitement."
- *Overcoming ejaculation problems.
- Is ejaculation and having an orgasm the same thing?
- What is semen and what does it do?
- What is Erectile Dysfunction? Treatments.
- "Circumcision is the removal of a simple fold of skin (the `foreskin’ or `prepuce’) that covers the head (glans) of the un-erect penis."
- While there are benefits of being circumcised, it is not medically necessary.
- What is masturbation and how do you do it?
- Why do people masturbate?
- Is masturbating normal and can it be harmful?
(Short answer: Masturbation is normal, and no it is not harmful!)
- WebMDs Masturbation FAQ.
- The benefits of masturbation: [x] [x]
- An Asexual’s Guide to Masturbation.
- People define “sex” in different ways. Some people believe that it only counts as sex if a penis goes into a vagina, but this isn’t true for everybody. There are lots of different ideas about what sex can be: Vaginal sex (penis-in-vagina intercourse), Oral sex (mouth-to-genital contact), Anal sex (penis-in-anus intercourse), Dry humping or genital rubbing, Fingering or hand jobs (hand-to-genital contact), and Masturbation.
- What is oral sex?
- What is anal sex?
- Why do people have sex?
- How to have safe sex.
(STI and pregnancy prevention goes more in depth below!)
- "Whenever you have sex, you need to make sure that your partner is just as enthusiastic about having sex. In other words, that they give their full consent.” Consent is an enthusiastic, freely-given, uncoerced, sober, “yes”.
- Consent is ALWAYS mandatory, whether you’re married, dating or just met.
- What is sex without consent? Rape/Sexual Assault.
- Sexual assault can be verbal, visual, or anything that forces a person to join in unwanted sexual contact or attention.
- What do I do if I’ve been sexually assaulted?
- Sexual assault prevention and awareness.
- Resources for sexual assault victims: United States.
- Resources for sexual assault victims: Canada.
- Resources for sexual assault victims: United Kingdom.
- More international resources.
- More resources.
- "While it’s common for [some] to feel pain or discomfort with sex, it’s not “normal” in that it has to happen or there isn’t an alternative. Sex is not supposed to hurt: it’s supposed to feel very good.”
[Inside the link above, it does explain what to do to make sure sex is not painful.]
Are there benefits to having sex?
- 10 Surprising Health Benefits of Sex.
- Top 11 Benefits of Having Sex.
- 14 Unexpected Benefits of Having Sex.
What does MOGII mean?
- Marginalized Orientation, Gender Identity, and Intersex.
It’s a synonym for LGBTQIAP+ and is inclusive for people who don’t have or don’t want labels, rejects allies, and uses no reclaimed slurs.
- "Sexual orientation describes to whom a person is sexually attracted. Some people are attracted to people of a particular gender; others are attracted to more than one gender. Some are not attracted to anyone."
- “Affectional orientation is a term that describes to whom a person is romantically attracted, acknowledging that for many people there are more components to attraction than just sexual desire.”
- "The ways in which a person identifies and/or expresses their gender, including self-image, appearance, and embodiment of gender roles. One’s sex (e.g., male, female, intersex, etc.) is usually assigned at birth based on one’s physical biology. One’s gender (e.g., man, woman, genderqueer, etc.) is one’s internal sense of self and identity.”
- Some gender identities.
- Some more gender identities.
- Genderqueer and Non Binary Identities.
- Resources for most Gender Identities.
(Resources for understanding gender identity, figuring out yours, how to come out to parents and friends, transitioning resources, local supports, and more!)
- "Some people who identify as asexual do not experience sexual attraction to other people, while others experience sexual attraction but no desire to act on these attractions."
- “Asexuality and Celibacy are not the same. Many people who are asexual live a celibate life, meaning that they do not engage in sex with others. But while Celibacy is a choice, asexuality is not.”
- "Asexuality is not a dysfunction, and there is no need to find a "cause" or a "cure."" [x]
- Are all people who identify as asexual sex repulsed? No!
- Asexual Visibility and Education Network.
What does transgender mean? (Resources below!)
- "Transgender – or trans – is an umbrella term for people whose gender identity or expression is different from those typically associated with the sex assigned to them at birth (e.g., the sex listed on their birth certificate)." [x]
- "Transgender may be used to describe someone who was assigned female or male at birth, but later realizes that label doesn’t accurately reflect who they feel they are inside."
- Resources for transgender people.
- More resources for transgender people
- Coming Out as Trans
- All About Gender Therapy
- Trans Health Matters: Trans Women
- Trans Health Matters: Trans Men
- Top 10 Trans-Friendly Colleges
- “Intersex” is a general term used for a variety of conditions in which a person is born with a reproductive or sexual anatomy that doesn’t seem to fit the typical definitions of female or male.
- How common is intersex?
- Intersex Society of North America.
- Resources for intersex people.
- "A sexually transmissible infection (STI) is any infection or disease that can be passed from one person to another during sexual activity. Sexually transmissible infections include chlamydia, herpes, gonorrhea, syphilis, genital herpes, scabies, pubic lice (crabs), hepatitis and HIV (the virus that causes AIDS).”
- Why do we call them STIs now and not STDs?
- Everyone is at risk of obtaining an STI, but some are more at risk.
- STIs that can be contracted through non-sexual contact.
- Female / male condoms and dental dams.
- Finger cots (finger condoms).
- Post-exposure prophylaxis, is a short-term antiretroviral treatment to reduce the likelihood of HIV infection after potential exposure.
- Know the signs and symptoms of an STI. If you notice a symptom that worries you, get checked out!
- How do I get tested for STIs?
- What treatments are out there for STIs?
- To be pregnant is to have an embryo/fetus developing in your uterus. “A pregnancy is considered to be established only after implantation is complete.”
- "When engaging in unprotected vaginal intercourse during which ejaculation of sperm occurs in the vagina. The sperm can then travel up through the cervix, into the uterus, and, if an egg is present, the sperm may fertilize it."
- "It is also possible — but less likely — for a person to become pregnant through any kind of sex play in which semen, or ejaculate, comes in contact with the vulva. The sperm can travel through the moisture on the vulva into the vagina."
- WebMD’s Online Pregnancy Center.
- What to Expect: Pregnancy.
- Pregnancy Resources.
- If you’re pregnant you have three options; parenting, adoption, and abortion.
- Only you can decide what is right for you, definitely take some time to go over your options, but remember, the sooner you decide the more options you’ll have.
- Resources for Decision Making and Low Income Parenting.
- Abortion funds and Judicial Bypass.
How do you prevent pregnancy? (Check out birth control masterpost below.)
- "Birth control allows us to prevent pregnancy and plan the timing of pregnancy."
- Birth control is not a “one size fit’s all deal” there are all different kinds of birth control out there from hormonal to non hormonal, methods to medicines, and so on. The best way to figure out which birth control works best for you is by doing research and speaking with your doctor.
- ****Contraceptives Masterpost****
^^ Lists many birth control options (and links you to more information about these options), goes over emergency contraceptives and FAQs, birth control FAQs, options for people with allergies or personal preferences, and debunks myths about birth control.
- Lubricants that should not be used on condoms.
- Where can I obtain birth control/contraceptives?
- Guide to getting privacy under parent’s health insurance.
- 10 Ways to save on Birth Control.
"I think the act of carrying something that is normally found in our bedroom out into the light is supposed to mirror the way I’ve talked to the media and talked to different news channels, etc," Emma continues in the full video which you can watch here.
So, I just want to go into HOW MUCH Columbia and the NYPD has failed, and revictimized, Emma Sulkowitz.
In her school hearing, Sulkowitz ” had to explain to the three administrators on the panel how anal rape worked. She told them she had been hit across the face, choked and pinned down, but, she said, one still seemed confused about how it was possible for someone to penetrate her there without lubricant. Sulkowicz said she had to draw them a diagram.”
"Her best friend was meant to be at the hearing; Sulkowicz had chosen her as her one “supporter.” But her friend was kicked out of that role for talking about the case, according to Sulkowicz, in violation of the university’s confidentiality policy. As punishment, her friend was also put on probation and made to write two reflection papers: one from the perspective of Sulkowicz and another from the accused."
FROM THE PERSPECTIVE
OF HER FRIEND’S RAPIST
- Two other women at Columbia have accused this guy of sexual assault/rape. But he’s been found not responsible in all instances, and is still on campus
- When she went to the police, one officer said: “”You invited him into your room. That’s not the legal definition of rape.”
- Another officer told her friends, who came with her: ““For every single rape I’ve had, I’ve had 20 that are total bull——,” he added. “It’s also my type of job to get to the truth. If that means being harsh about it, that’s what I do.”
I want to set literally everything on fire.
Magical Paths Begging To Be Walked
Roads and paths pervade our literature, poetry, artwork, linguistic expressions and music. Even photographers can’t keep their eyes (and lenses) off of a beautiful road or path, which is why we collected this list of 28 amazing photos of paths.
Paths like these have a powerful grip on the human imagination – they can bring adventure, promise and change or solitude, peace and calm. There’s nothing like a walk down a beautiful path to clear your head – or to fill it with ideas!
I’ll leave you with an excellent quote from J. R. R. Tolkien’s works while you enjoy these images; “It’s a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don’t keep your feet, there’s no knowing where you might be swept off to.“
- Autumn In The White Carpathians
- Rhododendron Laden Path, Mount Rogers, Virginia, USA
- Spring In Hallerbos Forest, Belgium
- Autumn Path In Kyoto, Japan
- Autumn Path
- Bamboo Path In Kyoto, Japan
- Hitachi Seaside Park Path In Japan
- Dark Hedges In Ireland
- Winter Forest Path, Czech Republic
- Path Under Blooming Trees In Spring
(1) I'm not against Ziam but I have been trying to come to terms with it and what do you think about this: they're just piping it up to take attention away from Larry? And I say this because slowly Elounor is fading away, Louis does the bare minimum and so I think Liam would be willing to have a publicised relationship with Sophia if it means making it easier for Louis, so Sophiam would become the new loved-up relationship and nobody will really care about Elounor anymore. Also the Ziam...
…would make people question the legitimacy of Larry (it already has, actually) since they’d think ‘well this is how Louis and Harry used to act but these two have girlfriends that they seem to have actual chemistry with”, thus the need for the Sophiam/Zerrie stunts which they look like they have way more chemistry than Elounor ever could pull off. Just want your opinion on this train of thought…
Ok, let me tell you this…some Larry supporters have this little problem called “everything is about Larry” and they tend to ignore things that suggest otherwise. Thus, they fail to see the big picture which relates to the management strategy, management transition, and things like that.
For the record, I believe that both Larry and Ziam are in a relationship, but to understand Ziam, you can’t keep comparing them to Larry. Larry isn’t a good model of a closeted couple. Larry is a couple which had already been surrounded by gay rumours (and their relationship wasn’t really a secret back then, was it? e.g. the Mario Kart interview) before the closeting started. Basically, Larry is a total closeting fail. There are so many other things that need to be considered when it comes to the differences between Larry and Ziam, and I suggest you should go through my Ziam vs Larry tag. Just a few examples of what makes Ziam closeting easier and more believable: no gay rumours surrounding Ziam in the media, Louis’ flamboyance vs. Liam’s masculinity, Liam and Zayn being more cooperative with their fake girlfriends, Zayn’s cheating rumours, and so on. Since Zayn and Liam are closeted well, they can get away with more.
Ziam just piping it up to take attention away from Larry? I guess every other ‘ship’ seems ‘piped up’, since there’s hardly any public interaction between Louis and Harry nowadays. But if Zayn and Liam are just piping it up, I guess they have to be really, really bloody fantastic actors…
…with a great attention to detail…
…because their heart eyes are extremely convincing and seem perfectly natural…
…aaaand the Oscar for the Best Performance Of Taking Attention Away From Larry goes to….*drumroll please*……Zayn Malik and Liam Payne!
Let’s hear their fascinating story! Zayn Malik and Liam Payne met in 2010. Ever since then, they have been piping it up to draw attention away from Larry…
"I thought that the best way to take attention away from Larry right from the start would be to mention the bromance between me and Leeyum, so it was clear that we were there to take the attention away."
Zayn really thought the ‘taking away attention from Larry’ thing through, because he had been spamming us with unrequited love tweets since late 2011:
December 2011: piping it up big time with these subtle touches in the Muzu TV interview…
Also, Zayn has really mastered his 'thirsty as fuck' look…
"It’s all about looking longingly at the person’s face, especially at their lips, and imagining those lips wrapped around your…dick, for example. That really helps to pull off the thirsty look, so you can take away attention from Larry well," says Zayn.
Liam prefers to take away attention from Larry by subtle rimming innuendoes, and Zayn is such a fantastic actor that he can pop a boner right on cue…or have they rehearsed this in their free time? Who knows.
In this scene, Zayn decided to improvise:
"I thought that the best way to take attention from Larry at the NRJ awards would be to completely lean on Liam like being right next to him was something my life depended on. Piece of cake."
"Nailed it, aha! No one believes in Larry any more!"
December 2013: Piping it up big time while Liam pretends he had a really rough butt sex last night with Zayn, so nobody is suspicious about Larry.
Zayn laughs mischievously right on cue, so it’s clear he’s responsible for the imaginary butt sex:
"But most importantly," explain Zayn and Liam. "It’s all about these sweet little touches that create the impression that you care about the person more than anything else in the whole wide world."
"Yeah, this all is fake just to confuse the bitches about Larry! Mission accomplished!"
The Oscar winning performance for ‘taking away the attention from Larry’ was this scene from the Road to Vegas interview:
"We knew this one was really crucial to pull off to take away attention from Larry…or rather Louis, because Harry wasn’t even in that interview…I started by looking at Liam’s lips, following my ‘thirsty as fuck’ routine, then I slowly looked up into Liam’s eyes, my eyes lightning up and completely melting into the chocolate brown, and finally, I pulled off a smile I rehearsed in front of the mirror, which says ‘I’m so glad that you exist, babe, I love you so much!’" remembers Zayn.
Honestly, do you believe that these little moments happen in order to take away attention from Larry? I think all these looks and touches are too fond and too intimate for Ziam to be only a bromance, and a piped up bromance on the top of that. Also, Ziam have a history. You should properly look into that to put all the puzzle pieces together. (Among other things, I also suggest checking out Zayn’s aunt Zileh’s actions on Instagram. I doubt she’s hired to distract from Larry.)
As Sasha says, stop treating Ziam as secondary characters to a Larry fan fic. They are personalities on their own and have their own story, a really beautiful one. This is no fucking around to cover someone’s ass all the time, Zayn and Liam are in love. Just look at them.
Dedicated to bleep0bleep because she’s an absolute angel who always spreads good cheer by writing people little adorable wonderful ficlets and gosh, every time I read something she writes it makes my face do goofy things ♥
Just imagine Derek getting stuck in his wolf form and having none of his human inhibitions and stuff, but his wolf still remembers his crush on Stiles so he cuddles Stiles’ hoodie and gets stuck in it because the scent is so comforting, and all the other werewolves are like ehehehheehe and stiles is like ????
Yeah, I love drawing Wolf!Derek a lot. (look out for this coming out on a mug soon at my Society6 store!)
"So what is it…he just can’t shift back?" Stiles asks, as the wolf bounds out of Scott’s mom’s car, making a straight headline for— wow, that’s interesting. Stiles pets Derek’s fur awkwardly as Derek noses at Stiles’ knees, sniffing happily.
"Yeah," Scott says. "The witch got him stuck in this wolf form. It’ll be awhile, but Deaton said the spell will wear off."
Derek’s tongue lolls out of his mouth and he pants excitedly, and then jumps up and licks Stiles right on the face. “Um, did they do something else to him too? I kind of thought Derek as a wolf might just like, brood wolfily in a corner or something.”
Scott sighs. “I think the spell was supposed to remove all your inhibitions and defenses, take all the fight out of you I guess. They were aiming it at me and Derek pushed me out of the way.”
"Ah," Stiles says.
"Watch him for awhile, he’s really vulnerable right now," Scott says. "I need to go find the rest of the coven before they do anything worse."
Scott heads back to the car, and Stiles yells after it, “What am I supposed to do, play fetch?”
Derek runs into the house, yipping gleefully.
He’s everywhere, a black furry ball of motion, sniffing everything excitedly, running up the stairs and then back down, circling around Stiles’ legs until Stiles follows him to his bedroom. Derek leaps onto Stiles’ bed, rolling around, tongue hanging out.
"You look absolutely ridiculous," Stiles tells him, and Derek just pants, mouth hanging open in a wolfy grin.
Stiles’ lacrosse hoodie is on the bed from where he chucked it off earlier, and Derek noses at it, making a delighted noise, and then rubs his face against it, his head pushing it. Stiles watches in amazement as Derek — there’s really no other word for it— cuddles his hoodie, rolling around with it, contentment written all over his furry face. Somehow Derek manages to get inside of it, head poking out of the hood and he just looks so pleased with himself.
"This is just too cute, man," Stiles says, grabbing his phone to take a picture. He’s going to want all the evidence he can get of this ridiculousness.
All writing advice is subjective, but there are some mistakes in writing that WILL ensure your novel’s failure, not only to your readers but to those who might be your potential agent or publisher. I’ve never really come across these mistakes when I used…